Monday, July 25, 2011

Autographs Anyone?

Before I get started today, I just wanted to say that I hope everyone had a great weekend, and hopefully things this week look good for you.

As for today's blog, I bring you the autographed cards I have in my collection. There are only 8 of them right now, but that's because I just started collecting again. Also, I will let it be known that I am a huge New York Mets fan, as well as a huge Texas Rangers fan, which are what these autographed cards are of.

The first card today, is a 2010 Topps T-206 Piedmont Autograph of Daniel Murphy. I purchased this card on eBay for $2.99 and it is book valued at $8. Not the highest priced card, but I really like the way these cards look. Not too mention I have a Neftali Feliz one of these on the way that I got on eBay for $4 and BV on that is $8 as well.


The next card is another Daniel Murphy card. This one is from the 2009 Topps Triple Threads collection and features an autograph as well as 6 pieces of game-used bat placed in the card. This card is also serial numbered 61 of 99. I purchased this one on eBay for $12.51, and BV on it is $25. This is probably my favorite card of my collection too just because of what all it entails.


Up next is a Dillon Gee 2011 Bowman Chrome Autographed Rookie Card. I purchased this card for $3 on eBay and the BV on it goes for $25. I really hope he continues to have a stellar rookie year and a follow up sophomore year in hopes that it might drive the price of the card up a little bit and I can make a little bit of income.


This next card is actually an autographed card where the autograph was acquired in person. It is a Josh Hamilton 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter card with a blue sharpie autograph. Even though it didn't come with a COA, I still feel very comfortable that it is actually signed by him as I have an autographed ball and 8x10 photo that are legit. And, I only paid $8 including shipping.


Next is one of my favorite Mets players, Ike Davis and it is a 2010 Topps Chrome Autograph Rookie Card. I purchased this card on eBay as well for $8 and the BV on it is $20. Unfortunately he's been hurt this year, which is one reason I believe I was able to get this card for such a steal right now. With all these prospects and young players the Mets have, I really expect them to be contenders in a few years.


This next card is a dual autograph of David Murphy, who is on Texas right now, but this picture is when he was on Boston, and then Mitch Maier of the Kansas City Royals. It is a 2007 Topps Co-Signers and BV on it is $10. I only paid $2.95, so I am happy with the purchase.


Next is a Texas Rangers prospect in A ball, Jake Skole. Skole was selected in the 2010 Amateur Draft as the Rangers first round pick and so far this year, he is batting .281 with 4 HR in 89 games. Not a power hitter, but from the looks of things, will be a solid all around hitter in the future. I got this card on eBay for $1.99 and the BV on it is $10. The card is a 2010 Bowman Sterling.


And last, but not least, I bring you a 2010 Bowman Chrome Autograph Rookie Card of New York Mets catch Josh Thole. Thole has pretty much proven himself as catcher this year, and looks to be the future at backstop for the Mets. I got this card on eBay for $2.99 and the BV on it is $10.


So all in all, I am pretty happy with my autographed card collection. They might not be the biggest named players or be worth tons of money, but they are players that I like and are on my favorite teams. I look forward to purchasing more in the near future as well. As far as displaying these cards, I purchased some glass framed black 12" x 12" shadow boxes from Target for $9.99. I then use a strong double sided tape to keep the cards in place.

6 comments:

  1. Soon enough when they get hall of famers. You will get rich with those dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Dilord said. If they make it or hell even in a few years maybe they'll be worth more. You could end up with a small fortune :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow can you imagine what those are going to be worth in 20 years?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope they will be worth something, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you're gonna make bank on those in the years to come. Awesome, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete