Friday, July 22, 2011

2011 Prestige - 2 Packs

So today I bring you pulls from two of the four packs of 2011 Prestige NFL cards I purchased. This was the first time I had ever seen these cards (remember, I just recently started collecting again). Reason for picking these cards up was the crisp design on the wrapper, and to try something new. So I took the top two packs off the right side and then two middle packs from the left side. Looking at the odds on these cards, they don't give you a sure selection on what kind of insert card you may get based on odds. All it says is that they are randomly inserted and Panini guarantees nothing in packs, boxes, or cases, just that they are randomly inserted across the entire product line. It also appears that there are 14 different insert sub-sets, which means lots of collecting for anyone trying to complete the set. After opening the product, I was very pleased with the way the cards look. A very cool silver/grey along the borders, and a white name on a black name bar, no team colors or anything. So without further ado, lets see how I did. And oh yeah, 10 cards per pack for $2.99.

Pack 1 from top to bottom:
#70 Aaron Rodgers
#27 Mike Goodson
#51 DeMarcus Ware
#77 Andre Johnson
#108 Adrian Peterson (Orange Xtra Points)
#275 Phil Taylor *RC*
#165 Philip Rivers
#123 Lance Moore
#170 Patrick Willis
#127 Robert Meachem

Pack 2 from top to bottom:
#14 Haloti Ngata
#71 Charles Woodson
#28 Jimmy Clausen
#85 Dwight Freeny
#43 Jermaine Gresham
#29 Mardy Gilyard (Rookie Review GU JERSEY!)
#216 Cameron Jordan *RC*
#168 Josh Morgan
#125 Pierre Thomas
#144 Louis Murphy
#190 Bo Scaife

Well it turns out that even though Pack #1 had the bigger named stars, and an Adrian Peterson Xtra Points insert card, I think Pack #2 hit it better with the Mardy Gilyard Game Used Jersey card. Gilyard is going to be one to keep an eye out over the next few years. Was awesome on the kick returns for the Rams, and with Bradford having a year under his belt now, I predict Gilyard could have a big year if he can stay healthy. Overall on both packs though, I am very pleased. Good named players, however, a little sad I didn't land any New York Giants players as they've been my team since I first saw them play in 1990 at the age of 5. Also it appears that in these cards, they try to get the unskilled pack searcher as the first pack I had opened had a big decoy card in it.

And always remember, whatever I pull is always for sale unless it is New York Mets, Texas Rangers, New York Giants, and New York Rangers as those are the teams I collect.

   
Card is not messed up, that is the light reflection on the top part of the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment